Accent Chairs: Selection and Placement
Adding an accent chair to your space is a great way to add character. Accent chairs can transform a boring room into a relaxing place to gather. Your choices when it comes to accent chairs are limited only by your style preferences. Viesso offers in a wide variety of wood finishes and fabric upholstery options to help you find the perfect fit for your home.
Choosing a space for the chair
Bringing together the elements of a room is an extremely important aspect of interior design. Your new accent chairs should help to make the room more aesthetically pleasing—not cluttered. If you are trying to decide if there is even enough room to accommodate the accent chairs, start by taking some measurements of the space
An accent chair can provide the perfect option to take advantage of prime seating locations in the room. You can also take advantage of the natural light in your bedroom by placing a chair beside a window. Another option is to create a space for you to relax and read by adding a small end table. Many accent chairs also pair well with an ottoman for a more sophisticated look.
If you are not sure where to place the accent chair, just keep in mind that accent chairs look best when they are placed on one side of the room. In addition, you should also opt for an accent chair that reflects the elements of the room either in the design style or in the color choice.
It is always good to purchase accent chairs that can work well in multiple rooms of your home. This will allow you to switch the chairs to another room, if you need them or you have simply gotten tired of your old room layout and are looking for a change.
An accent chair is not only designed to be attractive. It should also serve a multitude of uses as well. Accent chairs work well in almost any room of the home.
- Dining rooms: In the dining room, an accent chair can provide additional seating for guests.
- Home offices: Entertain clients in style.
- Living Rooms: Relax in front of the fireplace with a lounge accent chair. Accent chairs also offer an alternative option to the typical sofa and loveseat pairing.
- Bedrooms: Create a nook to enjoy a good read before bed.
- Child’s Room: An accent chair works great as a place to take a breather in the baby’s room. For older children, an accent chair offers the perfect place for story time.
If you are not quite sure of what style of accent chair you need for your space, start the process with a little brainstorming.
- What will you use the accent chair for?
- Are certain elements, such as comfort, more important than others in the chair’s design?
- Do you want an armless or recliner chair?
Consider all of these possibilities in order to help yourself make the right decision.
Although you would like your accent chairs to stand out, it is important to remember that they are only a single element in the design of your room. The style of the accent chair should be carefully selected so that it does not clash with the other design elements and furniture in the room.
By adding accent chairs to your room, you can create a cozy place to relax and bring together all of the distinctive design elements of your space. If you need assistance with selecting accent chairs for your home, Viesso is happy to help. Click here to chat with one of our furniture experts today!